It’s always difficult to decide which social network you should use. All of the social networks have millions of members. I use Twitter and Pinterest every day. I will be using other social networks every day as well (Instagram, Tumblr, and Google+).
I am not jumping right into those social networks because it’s better to focus on an individual social network. Once I reach 3,000 followers on Pinterest, I’ll incorporate another social network into my business plan (UPDATE: I now have over 3,000 followers on Pinterest).
You may be juggling around social networks, or you don’t know which social network is right for you. These are 20 interesting statistics that will help you decide which social network to use.
- Pinterest users spend an average of $180 per purchase which is far greater than any other social network. Facebook users are second at $85.
- The fastest growing demographic on Twitter is the 55-64 age bracket.
- Companies that generate over 1,000 likes also receive nearly 1,400 visitors on their website a day.
- 50% of Twitter users are more likely to purchase from brands they follow.
- 80% of pins are repins.
- 40% of marketers use Google+.
- 45 million photos are uploaded to Instagram every day. That’s 521 photos every second!
- Instagram has grown very fast in less than 3 years.
- 24% of teenagers who use the web also have Twitter. Some of them are moving from Facebook to Twitter.
- Facebook has 665 million users who are active every day.
- Over 6 billion hours of video are watched every month.
- Companies with over 1,000 followers generate more than 800 visitors to their website every month. I can vouch for that.
- Pinterest hit 10 million unique U.S. visitors per month faster than any other website in history. It’s growing, and it’s growing fast.
- One out of every 7 minutes spent online is on Facebook.
- The average Pinterest user has 171 pins, 229 followers, 3 boards, and 28 likes.
- 720 million minutes were spent using Pinterest’s mobile app in 2012.
- 60% of Google+ users log in every day while 80% of Google+ users log in every week.
- Every minute, 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter.
- There are 2.1 million LinkedIn groups.
- Over 400 million tweets are sent every day.